STEMLinks Summer Camp
A week long, half day summer experience for ages 11 to 17 where participants learn about the mechanics and physics behind the golf swing, explore the golf industry and the science behind the production of golf products, as well as discover the complexity of golf course design and construction.
How to Apply?
STEMLinks is typically held in July each summer and applications will open in May/ June, but until then you can fill out our STEMLinks interest form above so we can reach out to you closer to our next camp!
What is the camp schedule?
Previous 2023 camp schedule:
- TopGolf Swing Practice
- Golf Swing Analysis with a PGA Professional at a local Practice Facility
- Beau Welling Golf Course Design
- TaylorMade Golf Ball Factory Tour
- OrangeWhip Golf Swing Training Aid Facility Tour
What curriculum is taught at STEMLinks?
During the five day summer camp, participants study:
- Golf Science Topics
- Launch Angles
- Golf Industry
- Production Process of Golf Balls and Clubs
- Designing and Manufacturing Golf Training Tools
- Different Job Opportunities in the Golf Product Industry
- Golf Course
- Stimp Meter
- Designing PGA Courses
- Course Design by the Par of the Hole
- Golf Course Construction
- Different Types of Golf Grass
- Golf Swing
- Hitting different clubs
- Weight distribution
What does the camp cost?
STEMLinks is a free summer program for applicants that are selected!